Making the job of Executor, Administrator, Trustee and Probate easy for you
Whether you are a fiduciary or beneficiary, we can help you
Exclusive focus on probate, estates & trusts · 20+ years of experience · Various retainer options available
Long Island Attorney with More Than Two Decades in Practice
Experienced Estate Planning Lawyer on Long Island
Estate and Probate Litigation | Estate Administration | Estate Planning | Elder Law | Real Estate | Legal Counsel to Professional Entertainers
At the Law Office of Bonnie Lawston, we have provided comprehensive estate and probate counsel to clients throughout Nassau County, Suffolk County and the greater New York area for more than 20 years. We focus our practice on estate and probate matters, representing heirs, executors, administrators and personal representatives in a wide range of estate and probate disputes. We can help you navigate the estate administration process, even if you are an out-of-state executor of an estate being administered in the state of New York.
We provide special discounts to SUNY members, as well as members of the armed forces, police officer, firefighters and health care workers. We also offer a senior citizen discount. Our offices are located in Huntington and Brookhaven, but we will come to your home to meet with you, if necessary.
To set up a free initial consultation, contact our office online [link to Contact Us page] or call attorney Lawston at 631-425-7299.
An Overview of Our Practice
We offer full-service legal counsel in matters involving:
• Estate litigation—We handle disputes related to the administration or probate of an estate, including allegations of breach of fiduciary duty, will and trust contests, beneficiary claims, and disagreements over the division of real property and other complex assets.
• Estate and trust administration—We will walk you through the probate process, helping you prepare an accounting of all debts and assets, oversee payment of all final debts and taxes, and distribute all property in accordance with the terms of the will. We also assist clients with trust administration.
• Estate planning—Attorney Lawston will help you prepare and execute an effective plan in place for the orderly distribution of your estate, including wills or trusts, powers of attorney, and health care directives. We also provide estate planning services to same sex couples.
• Elder law—We help clients deal with issues related to nursing home or assisted living care, helping prevent the loss of your estate to pay for care.
• Real estate—We handle all matters related to the purchase or sale of residential real estate, from the negotiation of terms to the closing.
• Business counsel for professional entertainers—We provide confidential estate planning, real estate and business counsel to a number of well-known entertainers.
Contact the Law Office of Bonnie Lawston
Contact us today or call our office at 631-425-7299 to set up a free initial consultation.
We represent clients nationwide, if you are a fiduciary (executor, administrator, or trustee) an heir or beneficiary of a New York estate. If the decedent died in New York or has assets in New York State, we can help you. If you are chosen to represent the estate or if you are receiving an inheritance from a New York estate, contact our law firm today.
There are Two Types of New York Estates
- The Decedent resided in NY at the time of death and their domicile is New York at the time of death; or
- There are assets located in NY, at the time of death, and an ancillary proceeding is needed. The Decedent may have died elsewhere.
Contact Our Office
If you have not put an effective plan in place for the orderly distribution of assets upon death, we can help. Contact Long Island estate planning attorney Bonnie Lawston online or call our office at 631-425-7299 to set up a free initial consultation.
Bonnie Lawston dedicates her practice to making the job of the Executor, Administrator, Trustee and Probate or Administration process easy for you. Whether you are a fiduciary, beneficiary or heir, we can help you, protect your interests and maximize your inheritance. The firm has represented individuals throughout the United States and in New York, throughout long island including but not limited to Huntington, Melville, Syosset, Sag Harbor, Garden City, Mineola, Bayshore, Dix Hills, Oyster Bay, Belle Terre, East Norwich, Muttontown, Cold Spring Harbor, Huntington Bay, Lloyd Harbor, Pt. Jefferson, Pt. Washington, Glen Head, Glen Cove, Bayville, South Hampton, Hampton Bays, to name a few, in matters dealing with Estate and Probate administration. For more information, contact Law Office of Bonnie Lawston at 631-425-7299 for a free consultation.