Making the job of Executor, Administrator, Trustee and Probate easy for you
Whether you are a fiduciary or beneficiary, we can help you
Exclusive focus on probate, estates & trusts · 20+ years of experience · Various retainer options available
Long Island Estate Probate Litigation Attorney
Will Contests | Breach of Fiduciary Duty | Trust Disputes | Contested Power of Attorney | Heir or Beneficiary Challenges | Complex Property Issues
After the death of a loved one, you want time to grieve and to heal. You don’t want to get into a battle over the distribution of your loved one’s estate. Unfortunately, that happens on a regular basis, even when there’s a comprehensive estate plan laying out the deceased’s wishes. Long Island estate and probate litigation attorney Bonnie Lawston can help you protect your rights and resolve any estate disputes.
At the Law Office of Bonnie Lawston, we have aggressively represented people throughout Nassau County and Suffolk County in estate litigation for more than two decades. We have successfully handled all types of estate and probate disputes, including will contests, trust disputes and accounting challenges, in jury and non-jury trials in courts across Long Island and throughout the New York metropolitan area.
We offer special discounts to senior citizens, as well as service personnel, firefighters, police officers and health care workers. We will visit you in your home, if necessary.
To arrange a free consultation, contact our office online or call us at 631-425-7299.
Our Estate and Probate Litigation Practice
We are experienced trial attorneys who handle all types of estate and probate controversies, including disputes involving:
- Contested estate planning documents—We represent parties in disagreements over the validity of a will, trust or power of attorney, including allegations of lack of capacity (such as dementia), undue influence, fraud or duress.
- Breach of fiduciary duty—We take claims involving allegations of improper acts by administrators, executors or personal representatives, including conflicts of interest, self-dealing, and accounting irregularities.
- Beneficiary claims—We advocate for rightful beneficiaries who were excluded or denied an inheritance. This includes spouses seeking their elective share, as set forth in New York law.
- Complex property division—We help resolve disputes over the distribution or allocation of jointly owned real estate, as well as the proceeds of a wrongful death lawsuit.
We represent out-of-state executors and administrators in estate litigation in New York.
For a free initial consultation, send us an e-mail or call our office at (631)425-7299. We have offices in Huntington and Brookhaven, but will travel to your home to meet with you, if necessary.
We represent clients nationwide, if you are a fiduciary (executor, administrator, or trustee) an heir or beneficiary of a New York estate. If the decedent died in New York or has assets in New York State, we can help you. If you are chosen to represent the estate or if you are receiving an inheritance from a New York estate, contact our law firm today.
There are Two Types of New York Estates
- The Decedent resided in NY at the time of death and their domicile is New York at the time of death; or
- There are assets located in NY, at the time of death, and an ancillary proceeding is needed. The Decedent may have died elsewhere.
Contact the Law Office of Bonnie Lawston
To schedule an appointment, contact us online or call our office at 631-425-7299. There is no charge for your first consultation.
Bonnie Lawston dedicates her practice to making the job of the Executor, Administrator, Trustee and Probate or Administration process easy for you. Whether you are a fiduciary, beneficiary or heir, we can help you, protect your interests and maximize your inheritance. The firm has represented individuals throughout the United States and in New York, throughout long island including but not limited to Huntington, Melville, Syosset, Sag Harbor, Garden City, Mineola, Bayshore, Dix Hills, Oyster Bay, Belle Terre, East Norwich, Muttontown, Cold Spring Harbor, Huntington Bay, Lloyd Harbor, Pt. Jefferson, Pt. Washington, Glen Head, Glen Cove, Bayville, South Hampton, Hampton Bays, to name a few, in matters dealing with Estate and Probate administration. For more information, contact Law Office of Bonnie Lawston at 631-425-7299 for a free consultation.